Monday, February 27, 2012

Game of Thrones- pt.6

This was a fun theme to work on. I had a bunch of different ideas but ended up doing a white walker since they seem to be the most mysterious, ominous creatures in the series.

Originally I thought it would be cool to do something like the description in the books where they are described as being white with armor that changes color and skin that looks like bone. I wanted to do a 2D illustration from the perspective of a victim looking up as if he's about to be slaughtered by them.

But I wanted to get something done a little quicker so I went with a zbrush sculpt that resembles the quick glimses in the series premiere on HBO. Having dark, dirty looking skin with no armor and little clothing made them seem much more primal to me..... plus I didn't have to sculpt armor. :)


Once I had a render I was happy with, I painted over a photo for the background and added some texture and detail to the skin and hair in photoshop.


 I hope you guys like how this turned out and thanks for checking out our blog!

-cmof

8 comments:

  1. Nice Moff, I'm diggin it! Very cool concept indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool Cmoff... I dig the concept... very eerie\creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how it turned out, nice work as always cMoF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic sculpt CMoff!! I really like all the changes you made from last time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Really cool to see your take on the White Walkers, nice work Moff!

      Delete
  5. Amazing as always Master Moffit. Really nice work man!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and this is why I come here. Awesome artwork by all of you guys.

    ReplyDelete