Monday, February 27, 2012

Game of Thrones - pt. 4

I've been wanting to get into more environment type of digital paintings for awhile now, so I saw this as a great opportunity to start.

I found a good reference shot of "the wall" online from the official GoT site and thought I'd just do something similar. I then proceeded to watch some environment painting training videos done by Dylon Cole and man did he ever make it look easy. This should be a breeze, right? Noooope. What I found was a new respect for all those guys and gals out there that make this look so easy, hats off to you folks.

Made mistakes, learned many things, had lots of fun and came up with this...


7 comments:

  1. Sweet, nice work Sluss! I'm glad you decided to post... see you next time right?!!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Sluss... I got kinda chilly just from looking at it, need to grab a coffee refill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice one Sluss! I really like how this one turned out, great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome work Sluss! Love how this turned out. One of my favorite shots in the first season

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice scale in this one Sluss, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really great stuff going on here Sluss ...great sense of scale.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dylan Cole is amazingly talented, but credit where it's due,this is pretty damn good as well. Loving the cold vibe this gives off.

    ReplyDelete